1. A SNATCHING case FIR No. 65/13 is registered at Police Station West Shimla on 22-04-13 U/S 356, 379 IPC on the statement of Smt. Neena Malhotra W/o Sh. Anil Malhotra R/o Velly Side Estate near Tarahall School, Shimla, alleging therein that on 21-04-13 at 9:30 PM when she was coming from lift Shimla, near Pine View Hotel, Tarahall one unknown person snatched her purse along with Credit Cards and cash Rs. 4000/- and ran away from the spot. Case is being investigated by PSI Rajesh Kumar I/o PS West.
2. A WRONGFUL RESTRAINT case FIR No. 66/13 is registered at Police Station West Shimla on 22-04-13 U/S 341, 143 IPC on the statement of Const. Raj Bhagat Negi PSO to Vice Chancellor HPU Shimla, alleging therein that on 22-04-13 at 10:30 AM when he was coming along with Vice Chancellor HPU in vehicle No. HP-07B-0297 to the university, near Summerhill Chowk some members of ABVP namely Ajay Bherta, Ajay Thakur, Ajay Chauhan, Naresh Deshta, Navneet Kaushal, Ritesh, Kushal Koundal, Hukam Chand wrongfully restrained the way of VC. Case is being investigated by ASI Dharmesh Dutt I/c PP Summerhill.
3. A CRUELTY TO WOMEN case FIR No. 21/13 is registered at Police Station New Shimla on 22-04-13 U/S 498(A), 323, 342 IPC on the complaint of Smt. Deepika Rai W/o Sh. Rohit Rai R/o C-35, Sec-2, Phase-1, New Shimla, alleging therein that from the beginning of her marriage her father-in-law Sh. M L Sharma, her Mother-in-law Smt. Nirupma Sharma & her husband Rohit Rai beat her for dowry & harass physically continuously. Case is being investigated by ASI Des Raj I/o PS New Shimla.
4. An ENDANGERING LIFE OF OTHERS case FIR No. 20/13 is registered at Police Station Rohru on 22-04-13 U/S 336, 337 IPC on the statement of Ashok S/o Sh. Ram Lal R/o VPO Rohru, Distt Shimla, alleging therein that on 21-04-13 one Ashok Kumar S/o Sh. Mohan worker at Jhula (Rope Way) fell down from the Jhula due to improper arrangements by Rajinder owner of above Jhula. Case is being investigated by ASI Bhupinder Pal I/o PS Rohru.
5. A CABLE THEFT case FIR No. 85/13 is registered at Police Station Sadar Shimla on 21-04-13 U/S 379 IPC & 25 Telegraph Act on the Complaint of Sh. Vikram Sood JTO (N) CTO Building, The Mall Shimla, alleging therein that on 11-04-13 & 19-04-13 some unknown persons have stolen away Telephone Cable wire from IGMC area, Jakhu, Kelti and area near Willow Bank Shimla. Total Value of stolen wire is Rs. 19,600/-. Case is being investigated by HC Amar PP Lakkar Bazar, Shimla.
6. During last 24 hours 159 vehicles were challaned by Shimla Police under MV Act for the violation of Traffic rules, 04 persons were challaned under COTPA (Cigarette & Other Tobacco Act 2005). The total amount of Compounding fee of challans under MV & COPTA Act is Rs. 35,500/-.