- A RIOTING case FIR No. 224/18 dated 17.08.2018 u/s 504,506,147,149 IPC has been registered at PS West on the complaint of Sh. Abhishek Dogra S/o Late Sh. Raj Kumar R/o VPO Jijvi Tehsil Bhoranj Distt. Hamirpur alleging therein that he is student of 3rd Semester in physics department at HPU Summerhill Shimla. On 17.08.2018 around 05-00 PM when he was present in Hostel at the same time one person came there and started abusing him. When he left from the spot another persons run away behind him with the intention to beaten him. The case is being investigated by HC Mehar Singh I.O PP Summerhill PS West Shimla.
- A CRIMINAL INTIMIDATION case FIR No. 225/18 dated 17-08-2018 u/s 506,34 IPC has been registered at PS West on the complaint of Sh. Jitender S/o Sh. Devi Singh Vill Salui PO Tikkeri Gar teshil Churah Distt. Mandi doing PHD. English from HPU Summerhill Shimla alleging therein that on 17-08-2018 when he was present in HPU Library the activists of SFI threatened him with dire consequences. The case is being investigated by SI Raghuvir Singh I/C PP Summerhill Shimla.
- A CHEATING case FIR No. 173/18 dated 18-08-2018 u/s 420,468,471 IPC has been registered at PS Theog on the statement of ASI suraj Kumar I/C Apple Barrier Phagu stated therein that on 17-08-2018 around 09-15 PM when he along with staff was on duty he stopped one vehicle No. PB05AJ-2658 for entry. When he checked the documents of vehicle he found that the cheisee No. mentioned in the RC was different from the vehicle. The driver Harbans Singh S/o Sh. Sohan Singh R/o Basti Baluaana Jalalabaad Distt. Feljlka Punjab was loaded the apple in vehicle with the intention to cheat the owner of apple . The case is being investigated by HC Rakesh Kuamr I.O PP Phagu PS Theog.
- AN ACCIDENT case FIR No. 174/18 dated 18-08-2018 u/s 279,337,304A IPC has been registered at PS Theog on the statement of Sh. Devinder Singh S/o Sh. Dhyan Singh R/o Vill Kishor PO Deha Tehsil Theog stated therein that on 17-08-2018 he along with Rakesh Kuamar, Narinder Singh were going to home from Subzi Mandi Phagu after sold the vegetables in vehicle No. HP09A-3926 Bolero Camper. Aroung 08-00 PM when he reached near wala Chowk at the same time driver Sudhir Sohta lost control over the vehicle and it met with an accident. In this accident he, Rakesh Kumar and Dvr Sudhir Sohta sustained injuries and Narinder Singh S/o Late Sh. Jeet Ram died on the spot. The case is being investigated by ASI Chet Ram I.O PP Deha PS Theog.
- AN EXCISE Act case FIR No. 158/18 dated 17-08-2018 u/s 39 HP Excise Act has been registered at PS Dhalli on the rukka of ASI Sukesh Kumar I.O PS Dhalli alleging therein that he alongwith staff was on patrolling around 06-40 PM he intercepted one person namely Mohan Lal S/o Sh. Prem Chand VPO Kadoa Tehsil Dehra Distt Kangra A/P Satguru building Dhalli and recovered 06 bottles of Country liquor Una No. 1 from his possession The case is being investigated by ASI Sukesh Kumar I.O PS Dhalli.
- AN EXCISE ACT case FIR No. 84/18 dated 17-08-2018 u/s 39 HP Excise Act has been registered at PS Chirgaon on the rukka of SI/ SHO Babu Ram Sharma alleging therein that on 17-08-2018 during patrolling along with staff he received a secret information and raided the shop of Raj Dev S/o Sh. Chain Ram Sharma R/o Vill Nandla PO Jangla tehsil Chirgaon and recovered 07 Bottles of Country liquor & 02 Bottles of Beer from his possession. The case is being investigated by SI/SHO Babu Ram PS Chirgaon.
- During last 24 hours 307 vehicles were challaned under Motor Vehicle Act, Compounded= 107 fine realized Rs. 44,800/- and 29 persons challaned under Smoking Act & fine collected Rs. 3100/-
1 Accused Dhan Bahadur S/o Sh. Kalu Ram Nepali R/o Village Chlah Kot Bilbau Paki, PO Kudari, District Jumla, Nepal, arrested in case FIR No. 85/18 Dt. 17.08.2018 U/S 20-61-85 ND&PS Act PS Jhakri, remanded in Police custody upto 20.08.2018, by the Ld. Court.
2 Accused i) Dinesh Kumar S/o Sh. Dhyan Singh R/o Village Kood, PO Jais, Tehsil Theog, Shimla and ii) Sunil Kumar S/o Sh. Om Prakash R/o Village & PO Parala Tehsil Theog, Shimla, arrested in case FIR No. 171/18 Dt. 16.08.2018 U/S 279 364 382 34 IPC at PS Theog, remanded in Police Custody upto 20-08-2018.
3 Accused 1) Joginder Mehta S/o Sh. Jagdev Mehta R/o Village & PO Shamathala, Tehsil Kumarsain, Shimla, 2) Manglesh Kumar S/o Sh. Naresh Kumar R/o Village Loharli, PO Bakshad Tehsil Karsog, District Mandi, 3) Sunil Kumar S/o Sh. Nand Kumar R/o Village Himri, PO Shorshan Tehsil Karsong, Mandi, 4) Kailash Chand S/o Sh. Kamlu Ram R/o Village Banthana PO Kushwa Tehsil Nirmand, Kullu, 5) Rakesh Kumar S/o Sh. Gopal Singh R/o HIPPA Fairlawn, Type-II, Set No.-8, Dhalli Shimla & 6) Jeet Ram S/o Sh. Jhile Ram R/o Village Kotho PO Shamti, Tehsil & District Solan arrested today in case FIR No. 105/18 Dt. 12.08.18 U/S 457 380 IPC at PS Rampur remanded in Police Custody upto 19-08-2018.
4 Accused Harbans Singh S/o Sh. Sohan Singh R/o Basti Baluaana Jalalabaad Distt. Feljlka Punjab arrested in case FIR No. 173/18 dated 18-08-2018 u/s 420,468,471 IPC PS Theog is being produced before Ld. Court.
RECOVERY OF TOBACCO PRODUCT.
On 18-08-2018 Shimla Sadar Police has recovered the 35 packets banned tobacco products from the shop under jurisdiction of PS Sadar. The action under COTPA Act is being initiated against the shopkeeper and will be produced before Ld. Court.