A meeting of District level Narcotics Task Force of Shimla District, held on 10-06-2013 at 11 am under the chairmanship of Shri Dinesh Malhotra, IAS, District Magistrate, Shimla in his office chamber.
(1) IDENTIFICATION OF AREAS OF CULTIVATION:-
Identification areas of cannabis /poppy cultivation in this district through beat constables including Revenue & Forest deptt.
Report is being called from Revenue and forest department through their field staff to provide the list of places within 15 days where the cultivation of cannabis has been made for semi commercial purpose in their areas or naturally grown.
(2) DESTRUCTION OF CANNABIS CULTIVATION:
After collecting the information from field, the destruction campaign would be started in the Month of July, 2013.
(3) Alternate Development Plan:
Request the forest and Horticulture Department for making plantation in those places as they have nurseries. 10 places will be identified by SP Shimla where awareness campaign will be organize alongwith Revenue, Forest, Health, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry, Ayurveda etc.
(4) Awareness programmes among school Children, College students and
Special campaigns will be organized for the awareness of school children, college students and public
A note on de-addiction programme (bullet points) would be circulated through education department to be read in the morning session in each school atleast once a week.
1. . Inquest Report conducted u/s 174 Cr.P.C of Suraj Thapa S/o Devi Singh age 53 yrs. Nepali working as laborer at Manikaran Distt . Kullu and presently staying at Sunail guest House at Jeori and who was Cancer Patient at under treatment from IGMC shimla who died in the intervening night of 9/10-6-13.
2. During last 24 hours 86 vehicles were challaned by Shimla Police under MV Act for the violation of Traffic rules, 05 persons were challaned under COTPA (Cigarette & Other Tobacco Act 2005). The total amount of Compounding fee of Challans under MV Act is Rs. 18,200/-.