1. A case under excise act is registered at Police Station Kotkhai on 24.02.13 u/s 61-1-14 Excise Act that during patrolling at Gumma, 12 bottles of Country Liquor were recovered from the possession of Raju @ Kalu S/O Dhan Bahadur Village Daleen P/O Kureli P.S. Kharikot Distt. Rolpa Anchal Rapti Nepal C/O Sushant Kapret R/O Village Purag Tehsil Kotkhai Distt Shimla.
2. A vehicle ACCIDENT case is registered at Police Station Dhalli on 25/2/2013 U/S 279 IPC on the statement of Sh. Pawan Kumar S/O Sh Devi Dutt R/O Patangli PO Mashobra Tehsil and Distt Shimla alleging therein that he is working as labourer in IPH Department for last 18 years. Last night at about 8.40 PM when he was on his duty at Mashobra Bifurcation, a JCB rolled down from the road. This accident took place due to negligent driving by the driver/operator of JCB.
3. A House trespass case is registered at Police Station on 24.02.2013 U/S 452, 342, 341, 323, 354, 379, 506 IPC on the statement of Smt. Aruna Verma W/O Sh Mhinder Verma R/O Verma Niwas Mehli that on 24-02-2013 at about 7.30 pm, when she reached her home, she found her daughter in the street whose hands and legs were tied with rope and mouth was also covered with cloth. When she was untied, she disclosed that an unknown person entered her room and tied her legs and hands with rope and also covered her mouth with cloth and left her in the street
4. A vehicle ACCIDENT case is registered at Police Station Rampur on 24/2/2013 U/S 279 IPC on the statement of Sh. Vimal Kishore S/O Sh. Mangat Ram Vill. Jawahar Gali Main Bazaar Una, Distt. Una alleging therein that on 24-02-2013 at about 9.15 pm, he parked his vehicle No. HP 51 (T) 7975 near Bushahr Sadan, Rampur, a Maruti Car No. HP26 B-0148 hit his vehicle and ran away from the spot. Thereafter the above vehicle hit another vehicle No. HR01 (T) 3405 at Dakolar. This accident took place due to rash and negligent driving by the driver of above vehicle Manohar Lal S/O SH. Dev Chand Vill. Yangpa II Distt. Kinnaur.
5. A Theft case registered at Police Station West, Shimla on 24-02-13 u/s 379, 511 IPC on the Complaint of Smt. Sudesh Kumari Sharma Assistant Executive Engineer Electrical Sub-Division HPSEB Ltd., Jutog (Tutu ) HP alleging therein that during the intervening night of 23/24-02-13, some unknown persons attempted to steal the Electrical transformer at Village Sujana Gram Panchyat Chanog.
6. Accused Prakash Chand S/O Sh. Lal Bahadur, R/O Jagd;ish Building, Chailly, PO Beoliya, Tehsil & District Shimla has been arrested in case FIR No. 14/13 dated 24.02.2013 U/S 457, 380 IPC registered at Police Station East, Shimla and stolen property has also been recovered from him.
7. During last 24 hours, 300 vehicles were challaned by Shimla Police under Motor Vehicle Act for the violation of traffic rules and 17 persons were challaned under COPTA (Cigarette and Other Tobacco Product Act, 2003). The Total amount of Compounding Fee of Challans under M.V. Act and COPTA is Rs. 51500/-.