1. A case under excise act is registered at Police Station on 18/2/2013 u/s 61-1-14 Excise Act that on 18/2/2013, during patrolling at Krishna Nagar, 10 bottles of country liquor were recovered from the possession of one Balbir S/O Late Sh. Resham Singh R/O Dhara Near Slaughter House Krishna Nagar Shimla.
2. A THEFT case is registered at PS Kotkhai on 18-02-13 U/S 379 IPC on the complaint of Mr. Vipin J.E., HPSEB Kotkhai that during the intervening night of 16/17-02-13 some unknown person stole away Coils of 25 KVA transformer installed at Vill Gazta. The total cost of stolen property is Rs. 15,000/- approximately.
3. A rioting case is registered at Police Station Kumarsain on 18-02-2013 u/s 147, 149 323 ipc has on the complaint of Sh Jai Dev Negi s/o Late Sh. Ishwar Dass VPO Khwangi Tehsil Kalpa Distt Kinnaur HP stating therein that on 18-02-2013, he was going to Kinnaur from Shimla alongwith his family. He stopped at Jabli Dhaba near Kingal for lunch and when he ordered for vegetable etc., the owner of Dhaba and other 5 & 6 persons attacked on him and his family and beat them.
4. A house trespass case is registered at Police Station Kumarsain on 18-02-2013 u/s 451, 323 504, 34 ipc on the complaint of Smt. Sarita Devi W/o Harish Nepali at present Dhaba owner Jabli Tehsil Kumarsain Distt Shimla alleging therein that on 18-02-2013, two gents and two ladies visited her Dhaba for Lunch. After having lunch they made payment and went towards their vehicle. Suddenly one of them came back and beat her.
5. A vehicle accident case is registered at Police Station West, Shimla on 18-2-13 u/s 279,337 IPC on the Statement of Hanish Thakur S/O Sh. Bhag Singh Thakur R/O Vill Lajounth P.S. & Tehsil Chopal C/O Surat Ram Building Lower Chakkar Shimla Distt. Shimla HP alleging therein that on 18-02-13, he and his friends Bhupinder and Shivam were going towards Chaura Maidan in Maruti Var No. HP03-1445 and they reached near AIR, above car met with and accident and they sustained injuries. This accident took place due to rash and negligent driving by Bhupinder Kumar.
6. A vehicle accident case is registered at Police Station West, Shimla on 18-2-13 u/s u/s 279, 337 304 IPC on the Statement of Sh. Laiq Ram S/o Sh. Mangat Ram R/o Tikkar Ghati P.O. Toon Tehsil & Distt. Shimla HP alleging therein that on 18-02-13, a truck No. HP 63B-1468 rolled down from road near Tikkar Ghati in which one person died on the spot and another person namely Naveen sustained injuries.
7. On 18.02.2013 at 10.30 AM hc Dharam Pal I/C PP Diudi informed telephonically that one male dead body is lying near Diudi. On verification the deceased was identified as Sunil Kandolna S/O Sh. Saral Kandolna R/O village Khatanga, Tehil Rania Distt. Khuti Jharkhand who was working in Sai Urja Company as Outlet Driller. The deceased came to Dhamwari for salary on 17.02.2013 with his 4 friends. They consumed alcohol at Dhamwari and due to access consumption of liquor deceased and his friend Krishan stayed at Amlatu. In the morning of 18.02.2013, Krishan reached his residence and told other friends that Sunil Kandolna is unconscious. They informed I/C PP Diudi who visited the spot and found Sunil dead. Postmortem of deceased was conducted and his dead body was handed over to one Mr. Balter the friend of deceased.
8. During last 24 hours, 161 vehicles were challaned by Shimla Police under Motor Vehicle for the violation of traffic rules.