- A Gambling Act case FIR No. 51/16 has been registered at PS Nerwa today on 13.10.2016 U/S 3,4 Public Gambling Act on the rukka of Insp. Narender Singh, SHO PS Nerwa, Shimla stated therein that today on 13.10.2016, he alongwith staff was on patrolling duty at Nerwa, Bazar. At about 03-15 PM, on the secret information, a raid was conducted in the snooker room of Naresh Lothta and intercepted 4 persons during playing gambling with cards and recovered Rs. 3,300/- from the spot. The case is being investigated by SHO PS Nerwa.
- A Fouling water of public spring or reservoir case FIR No. 197/16 has been registered at PS Rampur on 12.10.2016 U/S 277, 284 IPC on the application of Sh. Sheesh Ram S/o Sh. Dharma Nand R/o Village Devton, PO Nogli, Tehisl Rampur, Distt. Shimla stated therein that on 11.10.2016 at 10-00 AM, he saw that some medicine lying on his slab near water tank. On this when he checked water tank & found that some unknown person has mixed some intoxicated/poisonous substances in water tank. The case is being investigated by HC Yoginder Singh, I/O PS Rampur.
- An Used criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty case FIR No. 176/16 has been registered at PS Theog today on 13.10.2016 U/S 353, 332 IPC on the statement of HHG Sh. Ashok Kumar S/o Sh. Matha Ram R/o Village Majholi, PO Kathog, Tehsil & PS Theog, Shimla stated therein that he is posted as Home Guard at PS Theog. In the intervening night of 12/13.10.2016, he alongwith Const. Surjeet was on patrolling duty in the bazar from Subhash Chowk to Subzi Mandi Chowk . At about 12-15 AM, when they reached at Shalli Bazar near PWD Rest House, one person found in suspicious condition inside the shop. When he asked, above person pushed him and run away from the spot. When he tried to catch him, he attacked on his head with brick and obstructed him to discharge his govt. duty. Above person namely Vicky @ Pankaj has been arrested by the police and the case is being investigated by ASI Purshotam Chand, I/O PS Theog.
- During last 24 hours 253 vehicles were challaned under MV Act, compounded = 136 & fine realized Rs. 42,400/- & 83 persons challaned under smoking Act & fine collected Rs. 8,600/-.
Deceased Ajay Kumar S/O Sh. Chandu Ram R/O House No. 2 Ward No. 3 Poonch City Tehsil & Distt. Poonch J&K A/P Sweeper MTC SSB Fir Hill Shimla-4 Age 41 Yrs has been died due to illness (Cancer) at MTC SSB Firhill Shimla in the jurisdiction of PS West Shimla. After autopsy at IGMC, deadbody handed over to his relatives for cremation.
- Accused Jitender Singh @ Bunty S/o Sh. Nishan Singh R/o Village Dalo Majara, PO Navipur, Tehsil & Distt. Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab, age 26 years, arrested in case FIR No. 199/16 Dt. 06.10.2016 U/S 407 IPC at PS Dhalli, is on police Remand upto 15.10.2016.
- Accused Vicky @ Pankaj S/o Sh. Ramesh Kumar R/o Village Bhalyana PO Saryun, Tehsil Theog, Distt. Shimla, age 19 years, arrested in case FIR No. 176/16 Dt. 13.10.2016 U/S 353 332 IPC at PS Theog, is being produced before Ld. Court.