Shimla Police has successfully solved case FIR No. 106/15 dated 25.10.15 U/S 457,380 IPC PS Jhakhri, which was registered at the instance of Sh. Prem Raj, the care taker of Shanti Kunj Palace, Sarahan, (owned by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh , Sh. Virbhadra Singh) that some unknown persons on the intervening night of 24/25/11/2015 trespassed into the palace by breaking the locks and stole away artifacts of silver weighing approximately around 3 Kgs including silver coated replica of Bhimakali temple.
An SIT headed by Addl. SP (Rural) Shimla was constituted for investigation of the case on 26.10.15 which included Dy S.P. Som Dutt, SDPO Rampur, Dy S.P. R.S. Negi, SDPO, Theog, SI Kulwant Singh SHO Jhakhri, SI Naresh Kumar Addl. SHO Rampur, ASI Rajeev Kumar Technical Cell, SP Office Shimla and ASI Chhering Dorje I/C PP Sarahan.
ADGP (Law & Order) and SP Shimla conducted the spot visits. The SIT took up investigation under their close supervision and directions. Sh. Bhajan Dev Negi, Addl. SP City, Shimla was also deputed to assist the SIT along with security staff of Shimla. During the investigation continuous search in the adjoining areas to the village Sarahan was carried out, FSL Junga team was invited to visit the spot, all out efforts were made both from traditional policing and technical angle to work out the case.
After 18 days of perseverant efforts, the SIT on the basis of inputs received from the sources arrested five accused namely;
1) DHAVA CHERING S/O SH. ROSHAN LAL R/O VILLAGE GHARAT PO BONDA TEHSIL RAMPUR DISTT. SHIMLA AGED 32
2) SURAJ BODH S/O SH. SHYAM LAL R/O VPO NAGWAIN TEHSIL & PS AUT DISTT. MANDI AGE 27 YEARS
3) SAWAN BODH S/O SH. SHYAM LAL R/O VPO NAGWAIN TEHSIL & PS AUT DISTT. MANDI AGE 23
4) SATISH KUMAR S/O SH. SONAM RAM R/O VILLAGE GHARAT PO BONDA P.S JHAKRI TEHSIL RAMPUR DISTT. SHIMLA H.P. AGE 29 YEARS &
5) SUNIL KUMAR S/O SH. DHANI RAM R/O ATAWA SECTOR 42 B ATAWA CHANDIGARH AGE 21 YEARS
who have been interrogated thoroughly. Besides this, interrogation of one minor Neali has been carried out. The recovery of the following artifacts has been done at the instance of the accused persons. The artifacts mentioned at Sr. No. 5,6,7& 8 (Total 5 artifacts) were not reported in the FIR.
1. One Temple Lamp (Silver)
2. One Temple Replica Bhimakali Mata (silver)
3. Four Flower pot (Silver)
4. One Chariot (Silver)
5. Two Brass Idols.
6. One white metal warrior Statue.
7. One Brass Goddess statue &
8. One Brass Flower pot.
All the five accused have been remanded to police custody till 16.11.15 and rigorous efforts are on to work out their modus operandi and to find out their involvement in other theft/burglaries elsewhere.